Monday, January 25, 2010

Richard Bennett III

Another researcher has posted this information and I am sharing it with you guys.
I will write him for sources to connect William "Buck" Bennett - to James Bennett (Richard III's son). / I am inclined to agree with him that Thomas Bennett (who shows on my paperwork) is NOT part of our direct line. William's birth date and Thomas death date cause a problem. Perhaps Thomas is a cousin??)

Birth: about 1717
Isle of Wight, Virginia, United States


Will: 3 August 1764
Bute, North Carolina, United States

Death: 3 August 1764
Bute County, Franklin, North Carolina, United States


Will:
Edit jlbennett
* o WARREN CO, NC RECORDS VI p. 1 WB 1, page 3 Will of RICHARD BENNITT Dated 3 August 1764 Recd. August Court 1764 Wife ANN BENNITT, Dau. Christian Langston, wife of Absolem Langston. Dau Sarah Langston, wife of Solomon Langston. Daus: Martha, Ann and Amey Bennitt. Sons: Richard, Mark, William, Moses, and James Bennitt. Exors: Wife ANN BENNITT and sons Mark and William Bennitt (Bennet). Wit: James Thompson, Susanah Malone, Drusilla Thompson. Will of RICHARD BENNETT Bute Co. North Carolina 1764

In the name of God amen I RICHARD BENNITT of the County of Bute and Colony of North Carolina - Being through the abundant mercy of God tho Weak in Body yet of a sound an perfect understanding and Memory and knowing the Uncertainty of this Life and that all men Must Die and Return to their Mother Earth Do Constitute this my last will and Testament and Desire it may be taken as Such by al Imprimis I most Humbly Bequeath my Soul to God my Maker Beseeching his most gracious Acceptance of it through the all Sufficient merits and meditation of my most Compassionate Redeemer Jesus Christ in this hope and Confidence I Render my Soul with Comfort and Imprimus and as for my Body I give to the Earth from whence it was taken in full assurance of its Resurrection from thence at the Last Day and as for my Burial I Desire that It may be ordered in a Decent manner at the Direction of my Executors Here after named and as to my worldly goods which it hath been please God to bestow on fare above my deserving I will and positively order that all my Debts that in Right and Conscience I owe to any man be paid in Convenient Time after my Decease by my Executors Hereafter named #3 *

Item I give and bequeath to my Daughter Christian Langston The wife of Absalom Langston one Bed and furniture *
Item I give and bequeath to my Daughter Sarah Langston the wife of Solomon Langston five Shilling Sterling money *
Item I give and bequeath to my son Richard Bonit foure head of cattle and foure head of Sheep and my Shue maker tools and one sithe *
Item I give and bequeath to my Son Mark Bennit five shillings Sterling money *
Item I give and Bequeath to my Son William Bonnit one Negro Boy Named Robin *
Item I give and bequeath to my Son Moses Bennitt one Bed and Furniture and three head of cattle and my Riding Mare *
Item I give and bequeath to my Daughter Martha Bennitt one Natural Paceing Mare Colt one Cow and Calf two Dishes *
Item I give and Bequeath to my Son James Bonnit one Negro girl named Jean and Her increase *
Item I give and Bequeath to my Daughter Ann Bonnit one Cow and Calf *
Item I give and Bequeathe to my Daughter Amey Bennit one Cow and Calf *
Item I give and Bequeath to my Loveing wife ANN BONNIT the use of my Whole Estate Dureing Life or Widdow Hood My Desire is and will is that all the Remainder of my Estate that I have not all Ready given What so Ever or Where So Ever after the Limited time to be Equally Divided Between my three Daughters to wit Martha Ann and Amey Further more my will and Desire is that my three Sons to witt Richard Mark and William Shall Divide the Same *
Item I do hereby ordain Constitute and appoint my Loveing wife ANN BENNITT Mark Bennitt and William Bennitt my whole and Sole Executors of this my Last will and Testament utterly Disannuling all former Wills here to fore by me made.


In witness whereof I have here unto Set my hand and affixed My Seal this third Day of August in the Year of our Lord one thousand Seven Hundred Sixty and foure. Signed Seald and Delivered In the Presence of us James Thompson Susannah Malone Drucilla Thompson Bute County for August Court 1764 This will was proved by the Oaths of James Thompson and Drucilla Thompson two of the Subscribing witnesses thereby and on Motion it was ordered to be Recorded and then ANN BENNET Execut and Mark Bennett and William Bennett Executors therein amed Qualified as such which on Motion was ordered to be Ceritified Ben M CCullock CC 1755 Granville Co, NC Tax List- Joseph Mangum Samuel Mangum & Jno. Tomson, 2-0-2 Wm Mangum, Sons Wm &: James, 3-0-3 Richard Bennit & Son Richard, Negroe Moll, 2-1-3 Jno. Langston, Sons James, Joseph & Solomon & Negroe Arnus(?), 4-1-5

info:

The Langston families, the Mangum families & the Bennett families appear to have migrated to North Carolina about the same time, and lived in the same area, as well as later in South Carolina.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Mama saying we were not a part of the Virgina Bennetts. I think they thought they were more "hauty-taurty" as Mama would say. Gaye

    ReplyDelete