Friday, June 3, 2011

My Matriarchal Line

Me...Jan
Mother - Julia - (1922 living)
G - Mabel BULLOCH (1894-1954)
GG - Julia Cordelia PARKMAN (1853-1936)
2G - Mary Ann GLANTON (1819-1903)
3G - Jane (Jincy) KILCREASE/GILCREASE
(1795-1823)
4G - Mary unknown. (______-1849)

I should find a simple explanation of DNA. It has been a long time since I took biology. Don't laugh if my explanation is flawed.

The women in a line share one identical X chromosome passed from mothers to daughters. My sisters, my nieces, my daughter, my mother's sister and her daughters and grand daughters all share the same matriarchal DNA. It goes back unchanged for many generations, but is difficult to follow because women change their name when they marry and records are limited.

If my matriarchal line contributed to Anna's red hair, it might have been from one of these ladies. That is because she receives an X chromosome from both parents. However, her matriarchal DNA will be from her mom. She will share the same X chromosome as Wendy's girls, but Jon & Michelle's daughter has Michelle's matriarichael DNA.

Sons all receive one X chromosome from mom, but not always the same one. They always have the same Y chromosome..going back generations. So theY DNA of my son's and grandson's DNA is identical with one another, plus their Dad and his father's Y DNA.

I will post my boys Patriarchal Line too.

I would love to have a family member submit our Bennett DNA or Harry DNA. My dad only had sisters and daughters. Uncle Henry had 3 sons; so perhaps they will find it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment